Brittany Lewis

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

William Henry Middle-Science Fair


My first appearance after I got back from Miss America was the William Henry Middle School Science Fair. It was the best appearance to come back to do! The students were so excited for me to be there. The Mayor of Dover, Mayor Carey, was there to judge along with me.
These students were so smart, creative, innovative, I mean the list could go on and on. I thought judging pageants was hard! Every student brought something unique to the fair.
As I was judging, kids would come up to me and ask me to sign a piece of paper or a book they were reading. I told them after I was done judging I would sign an autograph for them. Wouldn't you know, when I was done I sat in a chair to sign a couple of autographs and I had a line form with almost every student waiting for my autograph or picture!
There were so many applicants that the teachers had to split the students into two separate groups. But lucky for them, that meant two winners! They not only received a certificate, but a WalMart gift card as well! Who doesn't love a gift card to WalMart?!?

Appearances like this one, really show how much I can do here in Delaware. It was the start of an awesome second half of my year.

No comments: