Brittany Lewis

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Delaware Electric Co-op Annual Meeting


Governor Markell and I


visiting the kitchen


hanging with the volunteers


we're all working hard :)


making new friends

Before I write about my wonderful time in FL I do not want to pass by the chance to tell you about my appearance the day before I left to watch MAOT. The Annual Meeting put on by Delaware Electric Co-op was held at the Harrington Fair grounds this past Tuesday. It was a great time and they had the most delicious food being served. Thousands of people showed up to the event. There were several exhibitors there displaying information for the state parks, fire safety, Easter Seals, USDA, and the like. Everyone was so welcoming and as soon as the first photo card was signed, it was game over! I loved being able to meet so many people from so many different cultures and backgrounds and generations.

Earlier that day I went up to Michael Christophers to get my hair and nails done. So my neat hair do is courtesy of Sal. There is no way I would've been able to french braid my hair like that!

It was a hot day but a great event nonetheless. Thank you so much Susan and Gene for spending the time with me.

I saw Joe Booth, Tom Wagner, Bob Walls, Governor Markell, Lt. Governor Denn, Secretary of Agriculture Ed Kee, and Representative Dave Wilson all at this meeting. It is great seeing our government officials out and about at community events.

No comments: