Brittany Lewis

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just because...


1960's Night at State Fair Parade

1990's Night at State Fair

Big Thursday at Bower's Beach

The new DE's Junior Miss 2010, Alyssa Murray, and me

Getting some freshly made peach ice cream from Fifer's Orchards at the Wyoming Peach Festival

I have some pictures from various appearances over the last week or two that I have not posted yet that I wanted to share with you. On top of the parades at the State Fair I was also recently in a parade for the Bower's Beach Big Thursday event. My driver, Donald Tatman, has been wonderful! It is such a huge help knowing that no matter what I have a driver for my parades with a gorgeous 1965 red Sting Ray Corvette! Thank you so much Donald! I feel like parades are a great way to get the name of the Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization out to people all over the state. Typically I walk around before or after the parade to sign autographs and mingle with people. Just this past Sunday at the Big Thursday event, I had a girl's mom talk to me about how her daughter loves getting all "dolled up". I thought to myself, "Heather this is the perfect time to mention the Outstanding Teen program..." So I did! I gave her my card and told her to check out the website for more info. Who would've thought a simple parade could turn into a chance to bring in more girls to give away even more scholarships to teens and young women that are planning to further their education?

Speaking of Outstanding Teen....DANIELLE IS IN FLORIDA AS WE SPEAK! Everyone should be sure to write on her blog or facebook or contact her somehow to wish her luck as she begins her first night of prelims tonight! She has worked so hard and deserves to do well! I will be flying to Florida tomorrow morning to cheer her on for the rest of the week. Kimberly Bailey Thomas and I are driving up to Philly at 4:30 tomorrow MORNING! At least I don't have to drive up to the airport alone. Thanks for the company Kimberly!

Both the MAOT and MAO program (Teen and Miss) are excellent sources of scholarship money and personal growth. I cannot begin to explain how much the program has helped me and how much I have grown in these couple months of being Miss Delaware. Always remember that it is not about how much the gown costs or which local you compete for....it's about being yourself and letting your beauty shine while having the chance of a lifetime to compete for several thousands of dollars in scholarship and prizes! Don't ask why but I feel it is important as the upcoming pageant year begins, that people realize the potential that they have and the impact such an organization can have on their future.

I am thrilled to fly down to Florida tomorrow to meet the other 52 contestants for Miss America and to watch Danielle compete for MAOT 2010! Best wishes Danielle!

Tonight I have the Delaware Electric Coop Annual Meeting in Harrington, and after I get back from Florida the competition wardrobe shopping begins! I can't wait! Thank you for all of your support!

No comments: