Brittany Lewis

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Weekend of Walks!

AHHHH....Sunday night....I am sitting watching The Celebrity Apprentice with my tummy full of peanut butter and jelly reminiscing about this past weekend.  Needless to say...I am exhausted...but it was SO worth it!

I call this the weekend of walks because in 2 days, I participated in 3 different walks at different ends of the state!  On Saturday, after a quick trip to visit a children's princess tea party (talk about my type of party...) I was off the Wilmington to cut the ribbon and start the Walk for Chimes.  This is an AWESOME cause which serves and supports people with disabilities.  Not only did I get to meet and take a million pictures, but I received and gave and least 400 hugs.  It is really wonderful to see that a crown can really bring people together no matter what their differences might be.
        I was up early...(and by early...I mean SUPER, up before God Himself early...) the next morning to attend the Rehoboth Beach Breast Cancer Walk.  Having many relatives that are breast cancer survivors, this cause will always be near and dear to my heart.  My favorite appearance, however, had to be the next and final appearance of the day.  I hurried on down to attend the Buddy Walk at the University of Delaware to support my (#twitterlessdumbliz) sister's best friend, Natalie.  Natalie and her family are great friends of ours and they have a new 6th addition to their always awesome family.  Robby was born with Downs Syndrome and I was there to walk with the newly formed "Rockin' Robby" group.  Having worked with children with Special Needs since 6th grade, this is always one of my favorite things to do.  Not only did I walk in support of Robby, but I got to meet kids of all ages.  I danced with them nonstop to songs for 3 hours.  Did I get blisters?  Obviously.  Would I do it again?  In a heartbeat. BEST. DAY. EVER.







Until next time! Stay chill :)

xoxo,

Maria



PHIL 4:13

No comments: