Brittany Lewis

Monday, June 22, 2009

First Week as Miss DE 2009





This week has been full of rest and recooperation along with some appearances here and there. I am enjoying the gradual increase in the fullness of my schedule rather than being thrown into several things all at once. I had my very first TV interview with Linda Kurtz from WMDT that aired Thursday morning. "More news in less time" is their motto and they sure mean it. Linda asked several questions in a matter of two minutes and we talked about everything from my platform to my talent to Miss America! Thank you so much Linda for offering me the opportunity to appear on your show.

I also went to Whitten's Jewelers for the first time this week. They surprised me with a beautiful ring at the reception, however it was sadly far too big. They graciously allowed me to come in and went through their stock until they found a ring that could be sized down to my small finger! If anyone is ever looking for nice jewelry I highly recommend them!!! We took some more pictures of me in the store with the staff, and to my surprise they had a nicely framed display of me being crowned and wearing their ring up on a wall in the front of their store. I have received so many compliments on my ring already! Thank you Whitten's for sponsoring the Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization.

In addition, I went to Michael Christopher's Salon in Wilmington to get my nails done by Cynthia. She is so funny and made my first experience at the salon a very enjoyable one! I talked to Sal and he introduced me to Michael himself. They are such amazing supporters of this organization as well, and I look forward to working more with them in the future.

I also had my first public appearance this week. I went to Saturday's Blue Gold Game at the University of Delaware with George and luckily missed the rain! It turned out to be a beautiful night and the crowd was so excited to meet and take pictures with me. It was amazing to see so many people came out to support such a great cause. I even had my picture taken with the Chick Fil A cow! Danielle and I finally found each other around the second quarter and it was so nice to talk with her and her mother. They were so excited to be there for my first appearance and I look forward to seeing them at many more throughout the year!

This week I will be interviewing with the News Journal, entertaining at a 100th Birthday Celebration at South Strate Street Assisted Living, and I will be attending the Miss Vermont pageant this weekend. So far so good. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

No comments: