Brittany Lewis

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And the Fun Continues






This weekend has been filled with fun! Friday started off with John Pribanic's 100th Birthday at South State Assisted Living in Dover. I sang a few Patsy Cline songs and mingled with the folks that lived there. It was wonderful to see someone at his age still up and moving as much as he does. The past two years he has been their "poster child" for the Heart Walk.

After that my mother and I drove to the beautiful state of Vermont where I watched the Miss Vermont Outstanding Teen Pageant and the Miss Vermont pageant that Saturday. Marci McNair, Mrs. Delaware United States was a gracious hostess and I am so glad that she invited us along. I was able to be there when Laura Hall, Miss Vermont 2009 was crowned and I must say she is an absolute sweetheart! It was nice to finally sit in the crowd for a change.

Sunday was a long drive home filled with beautiful mountains and awful traffic. After the 12 hour car ride, I went to bed to wake up Monday morning to meet with Trainer Dan and play some pick up soccer.

Later Monday afternoon, a photographer with the News Journal stopped by my house to take pictures of me cooking spaghetti. On Saturday there should be an article about me in the paper and I am eager to see what picture they put in with it! Cooking is not my strong point but I have to learn somehow.

Tuesday consisted of meeting Susan and Linda to go with my mother and I to New York City for my official photo shoot! I am so excited to look through all of them and pick the ones I send to Miss America. Barry is a great photographer and his make up artist is the best I have ever had by far! Barry has taken photos of people ranging from Michael Jackson to Paul McCartney and his make up artist used to work for CNN, NBC, and several other news channels. It was a dream come true...I have always wanted to have head shots taken by a New York photographer and I am very pleased with how it went. We then made a quick visit to Soho so that I could say I went shopping there and we stopped in a cafe to eat dinner which took up most of our spare time before the train home. We left Dover at 8am and arrived home later that night at 9:30pm. It was a long day but well worth it!

Today I had a radio interview with WILM Radio 1450AM. It was a lot of fun and the first radio interview I have ever had! The interview was about 15 minutes long and will be aired on Saturday at 6am and Sunday at 8am. We talked about everything from Miss America to my platform to my emotions before I was crowned. You can always listen live to their station on their website if you are in an area that does not receive their program.

Tomorrow I have a parade for the 4th of July in Bethany Beach and then one on Saturday in Dover as well. It would be great to see some familiar faces if anyone wants to come out!! Have an awesome holiday weekend and stay safe everyone!

No comments: