Brittany Lewis

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tea Parties and Health Walks


On Tax Day, I traveled to Wilmington for a Tea Party. There I sang the National Anthem and hung out at the children's activities table.

I brought some of my coloring books to give out, and thank goodness I did. They were a huge hit! Many of the children started coloring them at the table. It was a great way to teach them about our government.

I decided to embrace my inner child when they brought out a pinata! All of the children stopped what they were doing, and I had the honor of beginning the breaking session. I realized quickly that I was not meant to play on the job...After a couple good whacks at it, the lovely little pig came back at me and knocked me right in the crown!

Later on in the month, I was invited to a Health Walk at Woodbridge High School. The Nemours Foundation has created 5-2-1-almost none to teach students about living a healthy lifestyle.

I came out to lead everyone in a stretching routine before they began their one hour of physical activity. 5-2-1-almost none stands for: 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, 2 hours of tv max, 1 hour of physical activity, and almost no fats or sweets. With the help of some friendly walkers and Jada, the character you see in the background, we were stretched out and ready to get walkin'!

No comments: