Brittany Lewis

Friday, August 3, 2012

The Big "Thank You" Post


I want to say a quick thank you to some important people before I blog about anything else.

Without God, nothing in my life would be possible.

Thank you to my family for being so supportive in every way possible. My Mom, who has never missed a recital, performance, swim meet, or pageant, Dad who supported me financially and emotionally through my journey to Miss Delaware, my step-mom Karen, step-dad Dan, Floyd, Mom mom and Pop pop, Aunt Lisa and JP, my big brother Cory, my sister Remi, my step-brothers Ben and Zach, you are the best big happy dysfunctional family I could ask for.

To my friends, thank you for being there for me. Shelby, Abby, Taylor, thanks for being there for me since elementary school.

To my sorority sisters who have supported me every step of the way, a huge thank you. Ali, Steph, Kayla, my sorority family who stuck by my side, Veronica who I don’t know what I would do without, Marykate, who came all the way down to watch and cried more than I did over the win, all of the girls on exec. for the thoughtful and delicious edible arrangement. I’m so happy I have about 140 of the best sisters in the whole world.

Dillan, thanks for coming the long distance to watch me, and for putting up with me when I was going a little crazy preparing.

All of the Miss Delaware 2012 girls, I love each and every one of you. Thank you for making this experience unforgettable. Alix, thanks for being the best roommate I could have asked for you. I loved our late night talks and getting ready together. Becky thanks for being a sister to me all year. You have a very special place in my heart and I miss our Newark breakfast and protein shake dates.

Maria Cahill, I can’t even say “thank you” enough. I know you would make fun of me because I’m tearing up while I’m writing this. I knew when I met you last year, you were the kind of friend that only comes along once in a lifetime, and I’m so proud to call you one of my best friends. Thank you for setting such a great example for me to follow, and thank you for being so helpful to all the contestants this year. Let’s go get froyo.

To all the former Miss Delawares, thank you for being role models and inspirations to me. Kama Levandis, thank you for being my idol and encouragement, even though you didn’t know it.

To the best board in the whole World, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this program and your girls. You treat every one of us like your own, and we all love you for that.

Marcellus Beasley at B-Fit Enterprise, you believed in me from day one. You told me the day we met that I could do it and you stuck by me, not only as a trainer, but as a friend. I can’t thank you enough for all you have done for me.

The fabulous Tony Bowls, Josh Cody, the Perfect Dress in New Jersey, and Chris Saltalamacchio, thank you for making me feel like a princess while I was picking out my gown. Y’all rock, and I couldn’t have done it without this team.

David Button and Jen Hayward, thanks for being such awesome local mentors, and for believing in me from the start.

Everyone who was involved with my journey, thank you for helping me achieve my dream.

I am incredibly blessed to have so many people in my life who have been so fundamental in reaching my dreams. I am so grateful to everyone who helped make this possible.


Until next time,
Alyssa

No comments: