Brittany Lewis

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Most Thankful Post

 Hey all! I just returned home from the ABC Dunkin Donuts Thanksgiving Parade in Philadelphia; what an AMAZING experience. How many people get to say that they rode on a float with Miss America in their lifetime? Well now I can, so, ha! No seriously though it was absolutely incredible to spend the day with the lovely Miss New Jersey and the fabulous Miss Pennsylvania, and of course Laura Kaeppeler, our incredible Miss America 2012! It was the experience of a lifetime, and one of my best days so far as Miss DE! I'll have a more detailed blog post about my recent appearances as soon as my computer and I get some alone time, but I thought I would present you with a short list of things I am thankful for.

  • My family is the greatest. They have been incredibly supportive of all of my far-fetched dreams and have helped me make them a reality. Thank you for always being there for me and helping me achieve my goals, even though they might be a little lofty.
  • I have so many amazing friends who have been with me every step of this journey, thank you all for allowing me to be in your lives!
  • Super thankful for being able to represent this wonderful state at the Miss America pageant in January, and for God making it all possible.
  • The supportive and wonderful Miss Delaware Board of Directors, who volunteer their time and expertise to help prepare me for Miss America, and treat me like one of their own children.
  • As a general rule of thumb, I hate cats, but my cat is super awesome and I'm glad that he's seriously confused and thinks he's a dog. You rock, Ziggy.
  • I'm thankful for coffee, my one true love, the one that will never let me down, (unless it's decaf.)
  • Thank you to all of those who have served and are still serving our country. You are true American heroes and you are greatly appreciated.
  • Thank you JK Rowling for being a huge part of my childhood, even though you don't know it. Still waiting on my letter to Hogwarts, though.
  • Thanks for the Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, and showing me that life goes on after Harry Potter. 
  • Thank you Lancome for your amazing mascaras. If Hypnose lashes was a man I would marry him.
  • I'm thankful for lipstick, especially of the red variety.
  • I'm thankful that Magic Mike was created. Seriously, thank you, from the entire female population of the world, and especially for casting my fictional celeb boyfriend, Matt Bomer.
  • I'm thankful for high heels, even though I'm already obscenely tall.
  • I'm incredibly thankful for Alpha Xi Delta for giving me a place to call home at the University of Delaware, and for giving me over 100 sisters that God forgot to give me. Xi love y'all.
  • I'm glad I have an 8-year old sister so I sort of have an excuse for watching as much Spongebob as I do.
  • I'm thankful for bacon, but only crispy bacon, and scrapple, love me some scrapple. 
  • I'm thankful for Lana Del Rey's music, because she is a boss.
  • Thank you to my big comfy bed for always being here waiting for me when I return to home base, you're the bomb.
  • One last huge shout out to Cherry Chapstick, you have my endorsement along with Katy Perry's.


Okay, now I'm off to stuff my face with everything and anything on the table, sorry Paul Timmons, aka World's greatest personal trainer. Everyone have a safe, happy, and fattening Turkey Day! God Bless!

Ephesians 5:20




"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."


No comments: