Brittany Lewis

Friday, January 8, 2010

Beginning the New Year


This was actually before the New Year in December, but I am just now getting around to posting about it so please forgive me. This was at Long Neck Elementary School where I made a special guest appearance for Seasons of Respect. Ms. Kim Taylor has been my CharacterCounts! mentor, and asked if I would help her with the Seasons of Respect Celebration she was having at Long Neck Elem. Seeing that Respect is one of the six pillars of CharacterCounts! we thought it would be a great way for me to expand my platform. The fifth graders at Long Neck remembered everything Ms. Taylor taught them! I was amazed at how much they learned and how eager they were to share it with me. We enjoyed cake, dancing, and even a couple games! I know that Long Neck has some great role models walking its hallways!

The Miss Coastal Bay pageant was a great way to start off the New Year! On January 2nd, 2010 Stephanie Bailey(center of picture, blue gown) won the title of Miss Coastal Bay 2010! Congrats girl! It was an entertaining evening and it was great to see so many fellow titleholders there to watch. The 2010 Miss Delaware judges panel is going to have a tough job awaiting them in June.

This past Wednesday I had the privilege and honor to be the guest speaker at the Wilmington West Rotary Luncheon, courtesy of Mr. Don Kalil. It was great being able to share the importance of the Miss Delaware, and Miss America, program. It reaffirmed every reason I had for entering pageants, especially the Miss America pageants. I was warmly welcomed and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the University and Whist Club in Wilmington. I even received a beautiful guest speaker pen for visiting! Thank you so much Wilmington West Rotary, I know I have many more people who will now be watching on January 30th at 8PM on TLC to see if I am crowned Miss America 2010!

No comments: