Brittany Lewis

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Miss Delaware FAQ's


It seems that on appearances I always get asked the same few questions, so I decided to address some of them in a blog post.

Q. “How tall are you without heels?”
A. I’m about 5’9” flat-footed. I come from a tall family! I love heels though, so often at appearances I’m about 6’2”.

Q. “Do you watch ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Were you a ‘Toddler and Tiaras’ girl?”
A. Yes, I love “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” and “Toddlers and Tiaras.” No, I was a Ninja Turtle, Power Rangers, and Batman type of girl, and I still am.

Q. Do you know Donald Trump?
A. No, Donald Trump owns the Miss Universe Organization. The girls who are involved in his system are contestants for Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe. Miss America is a separate entity and is a scholarship organization.

Q. Don’t you find it degrading to be on stage in a bikini being judged?
A. No, to me it is empowering to be on stage in my swimsuit. I have put a lot of hard work into my figure and I can’t wait to show it off at Miss America. It’s a huge confidence booster for me.

Q. How does your crown stay on your head?
A. I have excellent balance…no just kidding. Seriously though, bobby pins and clips.

Q. Does that thing (my sparkly hat) get heavy on your head?
A. I have zero complaints about it, I would sleep in it if I could.

Q. Are you a real princess? (My favorite question, and usually from little girls.)
A. Yes, and so are you.

Q. Why did you get involved in pageants?
A. I started out in pageants to earn scholarship money. I've now earned enough to pay for my 4 year undergraduate education and almost a year of law school after college! I strongly encourage young women to get involved with MAO to win scholarship money. After my first year with MAO I realized that there is a lot more to this than money. I am involved in this organization to grow as a person, my confidence has gone through the roof since I began competing, and my speaking skills have increased exponentially. Also, I see now that I am a role model to young girls. My 8-year old sister is my inspiration, and I try to be a positive influence in her life and the lives of other girls her age. 

Have any other questions for Miss Delaware? Feel free to tweet them to me, @MissDelaware12 and I will get back to you!! 

1 comment:

Miss Delaware 2011 said...

"excellent balance" hahahaha