Brittany Lewis

Monday, November 2, 2009

Apple Scrapple and Miss Milford


drawing the winners for a brand new car and 1, 2, and 3 thousand dollars


looking at Joe Conaway's Halloween display


Delaware State Auditor- Tom Wagner
At the Apple Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville they commemorate two large industries in their town, apple and scrapple. So for those of you that thought it was a time where people ate apple flavored scrapple, you are mistaken like I was. They served fresh apple dumplings and apple pie along with warm scrapple sandwiches.

I was delighted, and at the same time nervous, to hear that I would be participating in the Scrapple Sling Contest. Every time I asked someone about it before the event my question was always dodged! So I came excited that I was going to be participating with some of our states wonderful public figures, but I was also anxious to figure out how it all worked. To my surprise, it was not even a sling! It was more of a slide. I should've practiced my shuffle board skills, because that is what we did with a frozen piece of scrapple. I did not win, but I tied for second with Senator Joe Booth.

I enjoyed refreshments at Joe Conaway's in between the sling and the raffle. His Halloween display was spectacular and I heard his Christmas display is even better! I then went back to where all the action was, to draw the winners of the Lion's Club big drawing! I picked the people that won a car, $1,000 $2,000 and $3,000! It was a lot of pressure...too bad I couldn't pick myself!

Co-host Lauren Stevenson


Co-host Bliss Soucek


Miss Milford 2010- Kristina Maynard
Later that night I attended the Miss Milford 2010 pageant! I performed one of my favorite songs, "Heard it Through the Grapevine" and watched several beautiful and talented girls grace the stage. The girls are really stepping up to the plate this year and I am so glad to be a part of the process. Congratulations Miss Milford, Kristina Maynard! I am sure you will serve Milford proud this year!

I am still playing catch up on all of my appearances so keep posted for more to come. I have some great events to share with you!

No comments: