Brittany Lewis

Monday, October 26, 2009

Seeing old friends and making new ones!


One afternoon I visited the Dover Mall Boscov's for another autograph signing. But this time it was for an even better cause! I was there along side several other community groups for Friends Helping Friends day. When a person donated at least $5 they received a fantastic coupon for the store that lasted the whole day, and I think it could be used more than once. So depending on how much you bought you really made out well. Everybody won! I had a small table next to the St. Andrew's Lutheran Church table. They were a great group of people to be placed next to! Everytime I was mentioned over the intercom they would start clapping, and anytime somebody stopped by their table they sent them my way to get an autograph! We had a blast and they really helped make my time there enjoyable.

Of course I couldn't have been there without being welcomed by the wonderful store manager Mr. Mares and one of Boscov's best managers Mr. Mike. They always made sure that I had everything I needed and stopped by to visit me from time to time while I was signing autographs. Thank you very much for letting me visit your store once again!

After making some great new friends, I was able to hang out with some of Miss Delaware's best supporters and volunteers at the Miss DE Bingo where we gave away Vera Bradley bags and Longaberger baskets!! If you missed out be sure to stay tuned to my blog or twitter so you can hear about the next one! I had a great time hanging out with my little sis, Danielle Marshall, MDOT 2009 and the Camden Wyoming Fire Hall employees. It is a beautiful facility and I cannot thank fire companies, like Camden Wyoming, enough for all of the hard work and effort they put in everyday towards keeping our communities safe. They pay for quite a bit on their own, so if you are ever looking for a place to donate that will truly impact your community please keep them in mind!

I got to practice my Vana White skills as I modeled the prizes up and down the aisles during the bingo games. For one game they even had to make the letter H! I don't know if that was meant to stand for Heather but I can always think that it was!

Thanks again to everyone that came out!

No comments: