Brittany Lewis

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

H.O. Brittingham Elementary


I visited Brittingham Elementary School to talk about Character Counts. We had a great time talking about what it takes to become a role model. By the end of the lesson, every one of them knew that they have the power to be a positive role model for their friends. Of course, their favorite part was when I sang a song at the end. It is always precious to see all of the smiles and dropped jaws on the students faces as I sing.

I always leave time for questions at the end of the lesson. I get a wide range of questions, but my favorite was, "How old are you?"
Now this would normally be just an average question, however this time it was different. I made the mistake of saying, "Well, how old do you think I am?"
Wouldn't you know that one of the students shouted out, "32!"
The teachers and I laughed as they said, "If they think you're that old, just imagine how old they think we are!"

It is always a blast teaching students about good character. I only hope and pray that it sticks with them for the rest of their lives.

No comments: