Brittany Lewis

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wesley Homecoming Parade and Whitten's Jewelers


I am still working very hard to catch up on sharing all of my appearances from the last couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay in posting about them. I guess this is teaching me time management to prepare me for the title of Miss America! I had a very busy past few weeks, and I am really trying to frequently post here so that you can see what I do all week long.
I had Wesley College's Homecoming Parade not too long ago down in Dover. I believe it was a new experience for Miss Delaware in general so I felt privileged to be a part of the beginning of what will hopefully be a continuous relationship with Wesley and the Miss Delaware Org. Unfortunately, part way through the parade it began to pour! It didn't last too long, but it was just long enough to soak everyone and then stop so that everyone was wet and uncomfortable. Nonetheless, we had a great time and Donald was a trooper! He grabbed an umbrella for me to hold over myself and his convertible as we continued through the parade.

Right after that I trucked up to Wilmington for the Delaware Auto Show. Whitten's Fine Jewelry, a sponsor of Miss Delaware, had a booth at the show where I was able to visit with people and sign a few autographs. Hopefully I attracted people to their table and helped bring a few customers their way! It was a wonderful time. I was able to visit with Craig and Cindy Whitten for a little and I even had my picture taken with Spiderman!!! Everyday is an exciting day for me haha, I never know what will come my way.

Of course I wore my whimsy ring to the event to model while I spoke with people to promote the beautiful jewelry Whitten's has to offer. Thanks again Craig and Cindy for inviting me to share that time with you!

Until next time...

No comments: