Brittany Lewis

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wine Festivals and Princess Teas


I attended one of the best Princess Tea Parties I have ever been to, at St. Mark's Episcopal Church! Tables were filled with little princesses, and every one of them had a tiara and a feather boa. There was a small salad served along with finger sandwiches, desserts and of course tea (or juice for the ones that did not like tea). I sang In My Own Little Corner and A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella. Then, right before Cinderella and Prince Charming came out, I walked around to take pictures and meet all of my fellow princesses.

That same weekend I had the Wine Festival and Dover Downs.

The theme for the weekend was the 1950's! There were cars and trucks from the 50's along with other memorabilia like a map machine (sort of like a soda machine but it dispensed maps). Vendors had tables placed throughout the Rollins Center while the public enjoyed various acts of live entertainment in the evening.

Right after I performed, none other than Elvis Presley came out to entertain us for a while. Mario Rocco was the host for the event, and I never knew he had such a voice! We sang a duet Friday night to Summer Lovin' from Grease, he was amazing! During my performance I sang songs such as Be My Baby, Stop in the Name of Love, Hopelessly Devoted, Rockin Robin and a few others. There were wine tastings and samples of foods from various local restaurants. It was a great time, and the Miss Delaware Org was thrilled to be a benefactor of the event! Stay posted for a clip from the Wine Festival...I seem to be having technical difficulties for the time being...

No comments: